The first "unofficial" long weekend of summer is over. Gerwyn spent the weekend in Vegas at a friend's stag so I spent the weekend "alone". Saturday I spent the day at Sally's family wedding shower (see pics on Sally's blog). We played games and most importantly (other than celebrating the upcoming nuptials of Sally and Ron,) I got to EAT! Cookies, chocolate, and BREAD! Whoo hoo!
After Sally's shower I went to my uncle's 70th birthday party. I was looking forward to another pig out fest (on cheat day!) but unfortunately by the time I got there the food was all put away. I did manage to locate the kalbi and chicken wings and went to town. I also got the last bite of my cousin Phil's Coconut Cream Pie which was deeleecious! A highlight of the evening was when I first walked into the living room and Charlotte started squealing and shaking with delight when she saw me. It was so adorable, of course I just had to pick her up and give her a big hug and kiss!
Sunday I spent the morning with grams. Since I was already at my aunt's house with grams, my mom and I stayed for lunch and enjoyed the previous night's leftovers. YUM. More kalbi and 5 pieces of cake later, I was satisfied! After all that cake, I decided to put an end to cheat weekend and resumed "project deprivation" after lunch. I went to my cousin Mad's house for dinner where they so kindly made almond flour crusted pizza (see pic below). It was actually quite deeleecious. Unfortunately my cousin Carol brought Williams Sonoma brownie mix for dessert but I managed not to cave and went back to my usual "dessert M.O" where I take a good long sniff and pass it along. :( We also spent a good part of the evening playing Taboo. It was my cousin Mad, Carol and I versus my other cousin Mark and his wife Meredith. Contrary to all of Mer's smack talk at the beginning of the game, we ended up beating them by one point. It was a very exciting game.
Today I met my cousin Mad again for a 9:30 jog at the Beaches. This time I didn't do as well, I find it hard to run in the mornings and I often had to stop. (Plus there were a TON of flies, I'm quite sure we both inhaled and ingested a good portion of the fly population.) After the jog, we met an hour later with the kids for brunch at Joy Bistro. After brunch we took the kids to the CN Tower. I haven't been in ages and surprisingly it was rather busy. Good to see Toronto still has a lot of tourists!
Its back to the regular diet again, I've baked more banana muffins so I have a stash for the week and also made an almond pizza crust to use later this week. 2 more weeks to go!
Diet Diary Day 16: (cheat day!)
breakfast: half a Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich (it was so rich!), coffee, juice
lunch: sandwich, tomato pasta, pork and chicken souvlaki, cookies, butter tarts, chocolate
dinner: kalbi, chicken wings, rice, coconut cream pie, fruit
Day 17:
breakfast: rice and seaweed soup, banana (not together)
lunch: rice, kalbi, other leftovers, 5 slices of vanilla pound cake
dinner: almond crust pizza, fruit, cappucino
Day 18: (back to the diet)
breakfast: hard boiled egg, oj
lunch: burger without the bun, green salad, coffee
dinner: baked almond flour breaded zucchini and veal with steamed green beans
dessert: orange, banana muffin
1 comment:
"Day 17:
breakfast: rice and seaweed soup, banana (not together)" haha!!!
Post a Comment