Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Day 6?

I can't even remember exactly what day I'm on, it feels like forever. I've realized how hard it is for people with dietary restrictions to eat out. You always have to ask if the food or sauce has something in it and inevitably it always does. Tonight Mel and I went to try Magic Oven, a wheat free pizza and pasta restaurant in the city. It was surprisingly very good! I was just thrilled to have pasta and garlic "bread".

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, almond toast, coffee
Lunch: burrito bowl from Z-teca (all the tasty "saucy" meats contained sugar, I had to have the grilled, dry, super salty beef instead)
Snack: A really hard pear that wasn't very good
Dinner: Rice flour penne with chicken and vegetables from Magic Oven (deeleecious! Haven't used that word in awhile...)

Good thing I only have one month of this.

1 comment:

Woo Wow! said...

I'm sure you're starting to see this but your diet is just the beginning of a bigger change - lifestyle. You can't eat out as much, and in the process learn to enjoy cooking creatively at home. There is a Magic Oven near our house. Were you in the neighborhood?