Friday, May 15, 2009

At the half way point!

Today is day 15 (whoo hoo!) which means I'm halfway through this diet. Its been rather enlightening and although I am slowly creeping back into my overeating ways, I definitely notice a difference when I'm gorging on only wheat and sugar free foods.

Tonight I met my cousin Mad and we resumed jogging on the Bayview Trail. I started at my place and met her at the riverdale bridge. From there we kept along the trail until we ended up at Fantasy Farm (that's practically at Don Mills people!!) I had to stop once or twice but I definitely improved since the last time and I pretty much was able to jog the whole way. That is until we got to the big hill at Pottery Rd. It was massive. I started out jogging but about halfway my thighs were on fire. I decided to walk the rest of the way while Mad did her usual running in circles around me. We stopped at magic oven so I could pick up some take out rice pasta and this time I managed to eat the whole thing. I was starving. I could have eaten my arm by that point. I have to admit that almost pound of rice pasta is sitting a bit heavy in my stomach right now.

Tomorrow is Sally's family wedding shower and one of our designated "cheat" days. Which suits me just fine because after Sally's shower I'll be heading to my uncle's 70th birthday and I know there will be a lot of good "cheat worthy" eats there. (I won't go too nuts though, I am on the diet for a reason after all. Wouldn't want to ruin all the progress I've made and gain back the 5 lbs lost.)

Day 14:
breakfast: soft boiled egg, almond toast, oj, coffee
lunch: swiss chalet chicken leg and salad
snack: fresh berries (which accompanied a lemon tart for a co-worker's birthday but I did not partake)
dinner: roasted veggies and chicken
dessert: orange

Day 15:
breakfast: same as day 14
snack: banana
lunch: spicy tuna maki, miso soup, salad and agedashi tofu
dinner: chicken, mushroom and veggies with pasta in an asiago cream sauce
dessert: orange

I have to admit, both the swiss chalet gave me a little stomach ache after and I got a wicked headache right after the japanese. I think the SC was because I was starving by the time I ate and had some hunger pains and the japanese food could have been due to too much salt.

We'll see what happens on cheat day. Isn't this SO riveting?!!!

1 comment:

melandnorm said...

Great job Di! 5 lbs?!?! That's awesome!