Saturday, May 09, 2009

Day 8 and 9: a busy day

Yesterday I spent the evening catching up with one of my best friends, Susie. Now that her office moved we can't meet for lunch anymore so we don't get to keep tabs on each other. Last night we met at Bar One for dinner and then I went to her place next door to watch "The Punisher". We had a choice of many movies but for some very odd reason, that was the one we chose. It was incredibly violent and I would not recommend it at all! Bad movie, but at least I got to spend some QT with a very good friend.

Breakfast: hard boiled egg (I bought Organic eggs and they are so hard to peel!), banana almond toast, oj, coffee
Lunch: Turkey Chilli
Snack: plantain chips and raisins
Dinner: Chicken Breast and salad
Snack: microwave popcorn

Today was a very busy day. This morning I met Evelyn to go shopping at Sherway Gardens. I was very happy to discover a Bath and Body Works and finally got to replenish my stock of hand soap and Vanilla lotion. After shopping, I had to rush to a hair appointment at the Aveda Salon. Its a school so my haircut was only $30. It was definitely a $30 haircut. Just the basics and I left with hair all over the place (she didn't dust me off) plus it was a sauna in there from this crazy weather so I was super duper hot the entire time. Not the most comfortable experience but when you need a "basic trim", its good to only spend $30. After my hair cut, I met cousin Mad for a jog along the DVP path. I discovered that Mad is jog nazi. I can only run for about 2 miles before I start to tucker out however my cousin was like a little Eveready Bunny and kept running in circles around me and even pushing me to keep running. I thought I was going to throw up. Eventually I convinced her to leave me behind and we met up again at the Riverdale bridge before I hopped on the street car to go home.

Now I'm waiting for Gerwyn to come over so we can watch Star Trek.

Breakfast: fried egg, banana almond toast, juice, coffee
Lunch: Turkey chili
Snack: Raisins, 6 slices of luncheon meat, banana almond toast

No comments: