So in an effort to stick to this wheat/sugar free diet, Sally suggested I blog about what I eat every day. That way I know people are "watching" and I have a responsibility. So here goes. Day 1 was a bit difficult (I don't know what you're talking about Mad when you say the first week is easy!) I really really really really missed sugar. (Cat, please comment on anything I shouldn't be having because I'm not 100% sure if something contains wheat or sugar. I'm not going strictly SCD yet as I'm still having dairy and some grains... baby steps!)
Breakfast: hard boiled egg, banana, coffee with honey and milk, apple
Lunch: rice with rapini and italian sausage
Dinner: rice with rapini and italian sausage (I made a lot), orange, raw almonds
I've noticed that I woke up today hungry (my stomach was actually growling). Also, I don't always feel "satisfied" after I eat, but I have a feeling thats because my body is used to always having something sweet after I eat.
Today's breakfast: banana, scrambled eggs, bacon, salad, a bite of potato (just to say goodbye,) and coffee with honey, milk
I'm about to attempt my first almond flour bread. I'll let you know how it goes...
3 comments:
Wow! Good job Di! Boy do I feel guilty - we had a Wah Sing feast today. We thought of you - hope that didn't affect your diet in any way..he he..
Not starting with the chicken broth? Spotted bananas are easier to digest bc sugars are broken down. You may want to cook the fruit if tummy is bothering you. As for raw nuts; chew and chew and chew some more if you really want to eat it. Better to have later on. Good luck with the almond bread.
Post a Comment