Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 19: An unsightly problem

I have developed a rather unpleasant heat rash. It started about a month ago and would only occur once in awhile on my legs or arms. Slowly it started to increase in frequency and also spread to my belly, back and now my face, neck and scalp. It still comes and goes but when it comes, my sensitive skin turns into a war zone. My back looks like its been whipped a thousand times. This morning I woke up with a little surprise, a huge red blotch right on my neck. I must have scratched it rather hard in my sleep and it sort of bruised into this red mark. You can imagine how a big red blotch looks on someone's neck. Rather embarrassing to say the least. I tried to walk around with a scarf on but later in the day it just got too hot. Luckily no one said anything. I'm going to start my "antifungal regimen" (as my cousin Cat calls it,) of Oil of Oregano, probiotics and Coconut oil tonight. We'll see if it works...

Breakfast: 2 almond banana muffins, hard boiled egg, oj, coffee
lunch: A terrible nicoise salad that I ended up giving away, bowl of popcorn, apple, 3 slices of almond toast (out of desperation for something to eat without going out)
dinner: "Spaghetti" with meat sauce (the spaghetti was spaghetti squash from my recipe book)

4 comments:

Woo Wow! said...

I would start with the activated charcoal.

Woo Wow! said...

How was the spaghetti? I tried handling the squash but didn't really like it. If you think it was good, I might give it another go.

melandnorm said...

I think you're allergic to healthy eating!

Unknown said...

I too have started to develop "heat rashes"...don't like it one bit.