That's how much I spent at the grocery store today. I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping lately so I've been having to eat lunch out every day. Not being able to have wheat or sugar means my lunches "out" are way more expensive. No more $5.00 meals at McD's or Subway. I've also been pretty depressed about not having any snacks at work. So tonight I finally got my butt to the grocery store and took care of some business!
I've decided that I really need to do a better job at meal planning. I've seen some interesting recipes in the new Grain Free Gourmet Cookbook I bought (thanks Cat!) and I'm now ready to try em out! Tonight I made Turkey Chili and my Almond Banana bread is baking in the oven as we speak. There's a great recipe for carrot fritters and spaghetti squash with meatballs, I'll try those next week. I also bought a bag of brown rice pasta, thank goodness I can have pasta again!
Breakfast: hard boiled egg, almond bread, orange juice (no sugar added), coffee
Snack: apple
Lunch: chicken souvlaki, salad and rice from Mr. Greek
Snack: 3 boxes of raisins, half a bag of spicy plaintain chips (my latest discovery!)
Dinner: Turkey chili (and a slice of banana bread as soon as it comes out of the oven!)
I'm feeling bloated tonight but I think its cause I ate dinner so late. I was quite hungry by the time it was ready. Headaches seem to have disappeared.
2 comments:
Good for you and Sally, but reading what you guys eat every day really is not appealing to me. I don't think I could ever go on this diet.
If you feel bloated after a meal, always ask yourself why. Discovering what makes you feel bad is half the battle. Love your determination.
Post a Comment