Sunday, May 03, 2009

Day 2 and 3

Its day 3 and I'm still alive (and still "unsatisfied"). The almond bread turned out pretty good actually but it didn't really rise like regular bread so next time I think I'll double the recipe so I can get an actual loaf and not a 2" rectangle. Its a bit richer than I thought too so I can only eat one or two small slices. Thank goodness Korean food has no wheat (and not too much sugar.)

Day 2:
Lunch: 2 slices almond bread, apple
Dinner: Sushi

Day 3:
Breakfast: 1 almond bread slice, hard boiled egg, ripe banana
Lunch: Kimchi jigae, rice
Snack: Coffee with honey and milk
Dinner: Koobideh and rice with roasted tomato (from Persian restaurant)

Last night Gerwyn and I went to see Wolverine. Being at the theatre was SO hard. All I could smell was buttery popcorn and hotdogs. (Popcorn appears to have no wheat or sugar, would it be ok?) I'm starting to notice how much I normally actually snack. I feel like I'm always looking for something to eat everywhere we go. I pass by donut stores and coffee shops and feel the need to go in.

This week will be the real test. Being at work and not having snacks plus having to find things "safe" to eat for lunch will be verrrrry challenging...

1 comment:

Catherine Kim said...

You're doing great, Di. I think it's great that this process is helping you to realize things about your eating pattern. Popcorn is not easy to digest. I would wait. But then again, your are not completely scd, so as long as it's not loaded with things....To fluff up the almond bread, fold in stiff egg whites.
How about some fritatta or Indian veggies in the fridge to have when ever you have cravings? Just heat and eat!