Today was a busy cooking day. My challenge of the day was Korean seaweed soup (traditionally served on your birthday) called "miyuk-kuk" with chicken. My cousin Mad had shown me how to make this years ago but I had never done it with chicken before. Seeing as how the seaweed is a "super" food (as in super healthy) thought I would give it a try. Also gave me a chance to test out our new knives. All I have to say is WOW. At first I was a bit nervous, seeing as how they are SO sharp, so I first grabbed my good ol Wusthof knife to cut the chicken. Gerwyn saw me struggling and suggested I try a new knife. I picked it up and without using ANY effort, it cut right through the chicken. I was shocked. It turned my annoying chicken task into something that was actually enjoyable! I then whipped through slicing cucumber, again with NO effort, just put the knife to the food and let gravity do the rest. It was amazing. Especially after using my old knife (which is also a somewhat high end knife,) the amount of effort required was really surprising.
Yes, the knives were a pretty penny, but with a good knife, cooking is SOOOO much easier.
2 comments:
:)
I've only been trying to tell you this for years! I'm glad you've finally converted.
your blog looks awesome!
Post a Comment