Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alicia Keys

Last night Gerwyn and I went to see Alicia Keys in concert at the ACC. I had gotten us the tickets in January for Gerwyn's birthday and almost forgot about them until he reminded me this week. The seats weren't as good as I had hoped for but it was still amazing to see her live. She is incredibly talented and her voice was always perfect and very powerful. Plus, she was gorgeous on stage! Another bonus was that Robin Thicke was the opening act. Although I didn't know too many of his songs, he also had a great voice and it was nice to see him live.

I think what was best about the concert was that it was an evening out for the two for us. I hadn't realized it until we were actually walking to the ACC but we haven't had a real "date" in ages! I guess you just get so caught up in your routine of coming home, making dinner and passing out, that you forget what its like to go "out". It was really fun. I had forgotten what it was like to actually "hang out" with Gerwyn as my friend. Turns out, he's a pretty funny guy! No wonder I married him! Of course, after we got home I immediately got into my jammies and we both passed out within 15 minutes of watching tv but it was nice to get a little reminder that being married still means spending "time" together. And not just doing chores. Plus in a few months, we won't have the luxury of being 'alone' anymore so better enjoy it while we still got it!

2 comments:

Cya!! said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy a date night! funny, I was just saying the exact same thing to E yesterday about how life gets in the way and that we have to enjoy these nice moments :)

Woo Wow! said...

Haven't had one of those in ages. In fact I don't remember the last time we were "out" on a date. Make the most of your "free" time before the little one arrives.