Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yoga Mondays with Mel

When I lived at the condo, my friend Melanie and I decided to take a Gentle Hatha yoga class together. After I moved, I said goodbye to those classes and my weekly get togethers with Mel. Turns out 6 months with no exercise (not that it was a serious workout by any means but little activity is better than no activity,) isn't that great for your body and so, we decided to reinstate our Yoga Mondays. Since its "Gentle Hatha", the classes are pretty easy and work well for my bulging belly. The teachers are very understanding and as soon as they find out I'm preggo, they take extra time to come over and change the pose so that its easier for me to do. Mel often gets a crack out of my inflexibility which has become even worse since getting pregnant. And the other great thing about this yoga (not so great for my mat neighbour Mel,) is that it helps to relieve all the bloating in my belly which has progressively worsened since bebe! "Happy Baby" and "Child's Pose" are my two favs, really gets those gases moving if you know what I mean. Right Mel?!

2 comments:

melandnorm said...

Crying Baby pose is Brutal! Stop farting Di! Sicko!

Catherine Kim said...

:-) I burp and pass gas the most when I am doing yoga. My instructor takes it as a compliment. I once passed gas so loudly that I fell over from my eagle pose. The class brings peace but I bring the laughter.