This weekend was Olympic weekend for us. On Friday we had an impromptu hockey game party with a few of our friends. It was an exciting game and a good preparation for an even more exciting game today! We were all on the edge of our seats!
Saturday we spent the day cleaning and finally going to pick out our long awaited knife set from Williams Sonoma. Courtesy of my cousin Carol's family, Gerwyn and I have a lovely, shiny and very sharp set of 7 Shun Kaji knives. We are excited to use them!
Today I went to visit Grams and then had a little visit with Charlotte. She was super hilarious. I gave her a card that I found for her from my sister (I think it was a shower card for baby#2 but mom accidentally opened it so I just gave it to Char,) anyway, she says "For me?" looking SO surprised and I say "yes" and then she gets so excited and runs to her mom to show her what she got. Then she put the card back in the envelope and gave it back to me saying "For your birthday komo!". What a clown.
After lunch, I got home just in time to join Melandnorm and Gerwyn for the final US vs Canada hockey game. It was so exciting, what a nailbiter. After every goal every one had to jump up and shout and by the end we were all taking turns pacing to see who would get the game winning goal. Thank goodness Canada won! Mel so kindly brought a deeleecious chocolate chiffon cake which was very light and airy (much like Norm's mom's coffee cake but chocolate) and I made mom's mondoo and kimchi crepes. Later we ordered Thai and watched a bit of the closing ceremonies (yawn) before Mel and Norm had to head home.
Today we also received our house guest for the week, Evelyn's dog Kahlua. She was so excited to be here she spent the evening running around and around and is now tuckered out on my lap. We took her for a quick walk where she got completely drenched and had to give her a bath before bed. With this crazy weather, we'll probably be seeing a lot of that bathtub.

4 comments:
Oh, shiny SK knives! Happy happy.
Congratulations on finally getting your knives. Please...be careful. The larger knives, you tend to hold away from your hand. The small ones you hold towards. They are so much sharper than whatever you are used to. So just hold and guide. Keep thinking that until you get used to the sharpness. Enjoy!
Remember, razor sharp!
Charlotte is really cute. She has grown!
Post a Comment