Friday, February 12, 2010

Back from Jamaica MON!

We're back, the honeymoon is officially over. Jamaica was beautiful and we both agree, the most relaxing vacation ever. Each day consisted of sleeping in, having breakfast, and then heading to the beach for a few hours of sunning, followed by lunch, then a nap, then dinner and then movies back in the hotel room. We caught up on sleep, I caught up on reading (finished 2 books,) and we vegged our hearts out. Halfway through our vegg-fest, we met our friends Mel and Norm during their pitstop to Jamaica while on their cruise. We took a day trip to Dunns River Falls and toured the small shopping area of Ochos Rios. It was great to see them and a perfect interlude during our resort stay. (I think I may have gotten a little stir-crazy otherwise.) After spending the day together, we resumed our usual routine back at the resort, and ended up with pretty good tans. (Only sunburned on my feet, the one spot I forgot to apply sunscreen.)

Its amazing to be surrounded by snow and minus 20 degree weather one moment, and 3 hours later, you get off the plane and you're surrounded by crystal blue water and beautiful sun. It was just what the doctor ordered. Now we're well rested and ready to get back to the daily grind. Well, not really, but after a week of gluttony, we deserve to go back to work.

4 comments:

Catherine Kim said...

Sounds like a great trip. All energized for all the Korean cooking you're going to be doing!

Kimber said...

Glad you had a great and safe trip!

sally said...

photos look great! blue waters, sandy beaches....ahhh! welcome back! i was so bored without you! :(

Woo Wow! said...

I can see you're not slacking on your pedicures...toes look great! I could use some of that...both a pedicure and a vacation...