Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Cat!

Yesterday we celebrated my cousin Catherine's 40th birthday at Table 17. We have been fortunate to celebrate the big milestone for both of my "international" cousins. First my cousin Mad who has since moved to Korea and now her sister Cat who just happened to be visiting from the States.  I remember when I was a kid, I used to follow my cousins and sister around constantly trying to be "part of the group". With no immediate cousins my own age, I gravitated to the only girls around, even if they were 5 years older than me. Although back then, my instances of being "allowed in" were few and far between, the age gap isn't so noticeable anymore, and dinner felt just like catching up with old friends. Hope you enjoyed your birthday Cat, I know I did!

2 comments:

Woo Wow! said...

Sorry to have missed it. I know it was good food and great company. I often think of you when I see Stephanie: so much younger than her sister and older cousin. However, thanks to a second wave of babies courtesy of Mark and Mer, Eric and Nancy, and now D&G, she will have lots of playmates! Yay!!

Catherine Kim said...

I had a lovely time, Di. I think this brings us to a new chapter in our cousinhood. It's great to be able to share life's precious moments with each other as adults.