Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby update: week 17!

Its hard to believe I'm almost half way there. It still feels so surreal and hard to imagine that in another 20 weeks I will have a mini version of Gerwyn and I staring up at me. I recently had my second OB-GYN appt and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was very loud and very fast. And reminded me there's something actually in there. Although I've been gaining weight, I feel no different than I used to after a big meal. I've gained almost 10 pounds and I'm pretty sure my waistline has expanded a few inches. I even purchased my first pair of maternity pants! (Which I've decided will become very useful even after the baby for going to the buffet.) Living in leggings just wasn't cutting it, so its nice to have an actual pair of skinny jeans that not only fit my expanding belly, but are actually somewhat "trendy" as well. Putting them on made me feel "normal" again.

In two weeks we'll have our next ultrasound and get to find out if we're having a mini D or a mini G!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to find out too!

Woo Wow! said...

You look great! I hope you are enjoying these last months of freedom!!

Michikosan said...

Di, no joke but 10 months postpartum i'm still wearing my amazingly comfortable preggo jeans! i bought two identical pairs and have gotten so much use out of them!!