Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend update

Friday night I met melandnorm and we went to a party at one of their neighbour's homes. It was to celebrate the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Beijing. Mel called it the "Asian Party" and it certainly was. I have to admit, its unusual to see a guy who puts so much detail into a party but he had Chinese beer, Chinese food and even Chinese desserts (durian chocolates... ewww). Unfortunately we didn't last until dessert as I had a massive headache and Mel was approaching her bedtime, but Norm got a few drinks in (even took his remainder down the hall with him!) and then they drove me home.

Saturday I finally got to sleep in and was awoken by the phone at 10:45. It was my sister saying she had just arrived in Toronto and that she and her friend Melina wanted to meet for brunch. So I quickly got ready and we went to Toba for scones and breakfast, yum! After brunch, we did a little walk around the neighbourhood and stopped in at Winners where I bought another dress (I can't help it!) and then made a few pitstops at some furniture stores before heading home for some rest. I went to the gym while the ladies took a nap (they were going to see Avenue Q in the evening). After they left for their show, I got into my pj's and spent a quiet night in with Mel's Entourage dvds. I managed to get through two seasons and Mel was right, they were very entertaining. I'm ready to hug it out Mel!!

Sunday we got up around 9 and enjoyed breakfast sandwiches courtesy of Tim Horton's before heading to Scarborough for some family time. We had lunch with mom and then went over to see Grams and play with my cousin Cat's kids. I'm proud to say I beat my 7 year old nephew at two games of Checkers. Then we went back to my mom's for her famous kalbi before I caught the Go Train home to meet Gerwyn for dinner. This time he made breaded veal medallions with capers and roasted red peppers. He even attempted to make dessert (chocolate covered sorbet balls,) but the sorbet started to melt so fast we ended up just spooning up the chocolate and eating it after each mouthful of sorbet... YUM!

No comments: