
Sunday I decided to take my niece and nephew to the Ex. The Ex has always been one of my favourite Toronto activities and the kids had never been there before so I was excited to introduce them. Luckily by the time we got there, the rain stopped and it was sunny and VERY hot! First stop was the food building where I introduced them to all of my friends: Tiny Tom's Donuts, Maggie's Hot Dogs, and St. Louis' Wings. They even managed to find a friend of their own, Mini Melts. It was one of Michael's favourites and I had never tried it before so he made me buy him one "just so I could try it". After two bites, he started negotiating with me so that he could somehow be left with the rest, but my spoon managed to get in there at least 2 or 3 more times. After some more Food Building snacks, we hit Kid's World and the Olympic Village and even managed to fit in a quick trip to the Horse Building, Arts and Crafts and the midway where the kids tried to play a couple of the games. (Sorry, no prizes this time.)
An exhausting day in the hot sun but well worth it. The kids and I had a great time. Hopefully now they will add the CNE to their list of favourites too.
No comments:
Post a Comment