Sunday, August 17, 2008

Family bbq!






Taking vacation really makes you lose track of time. That spa day was actually on Thursday. Friday, my sister and I ran a bunch of errands with my mom and then took her to the driving range where we all attempted to hit the balls. Then we headed to my brother's place for a cousins only family bbq. I think it may have been one of the first family parties without all the "adults" (aka my aunts and uncles,) there. There was the same amount of food though. My brother outdid himself by making steak, chicken and pork plus all kinds of tasty vegetable side dishes.

For dessert, my cousin Carol made Tiramisu, Chocolate Cupcakes and the best Chocolate Pavlova I've ever had. I had two pieces and then ran out of room for the other desserts.

The best part of family time is playing with all the kids. As my niece Jessica says, "you are so immature Aunt Diana". Personally, I think this just makes me a better aunt.

No comments: