
I love cupcakes.
Even though I'm sick I can still enjoy a good cupcake. Mel discovered BabyCakes awhile back and the one chance that Sally, Saad and I had to try it out, they only had two flavours left. They were good, but not amazing. Mel always raves about their "velvet underground" cupcake but when we went they only had chocolate and vanilla so we were a bit disappointed. This past weekend Mel called me to say that Norm had stopped by Kubo to pick up some more and got me a Snowball plus another Velvet underground for Mel. That was on Saturday. Yesterday I thought I would stop by on my way home from work to finally pick up my cupcake and see what Mel's raving about. Since it was Monday, I kinda figured it would be dried out but since Norm had gone to the trouble of getting me one, I felt obliged to pick it up.
While I was making my spicy wonton soup, I decided I would give that little cupcake a try. Just a bite. (Mel also packed me a quarter of the velvet cupcake she liked too so I thought I could give it a try.) Let me just say that even 3 days later, that cupcake was deeeeeeleeeecious! Mel's Velvet Underground was just as good as she said, it was soft on the inside and the cream cheese frosting was a perfect compliment. Although the marshmallow frosting had wilted a bit on my Snowball, I still thought it was pure yum! (A bit too much coconut, but otherwise, perfection. And its pink, even better!)
1 comment:
I've been thinking of going by Kubo to check out the Velvet Underground cupcake. Maybe next week.
Post a Comment