Thursday, August 14, 2008

Koreans hit Kultura!



Last night my sister and cousins and I got together at Kultura Kitchen to celebrate my cousin Mad's 40th birthday. We thought we'd try a swanky night out to celebrate the big 4-0 and stuffed ourselves with tapas including Jerk chicken with lemon risotto, tuna noodle salad, mushroom orechiette (which was amazing) and chicken samosas plus plenty of dessert and wine. It was a deeeleeecious dinner and great to be able to spend some time with all my cousins. Since Mad and Cat have kids, its not often we can all just go out together.

After dinner, we went back to my condo and watched "Made of Honor". It was pretty cheesy but only a $2 purchase from Pacific Mall. As befitting all recent 40 year old mothers of three, Mad fell asleep on the couch within the first 10 minutes of the movie. But her excuse was that she already watched it on the plane back from Korea. Uh huh, sure Mad.

The family festivities will continue over the next couple of days. My sister and I are going to Shizen spa today for a "couples massage" (weird I know, but there are 3 of us and this was the only way we could go in at the same time,) and then dinner with my brother, his family and my mom (hopefully at Wah Sing). Tomorrow we're back in Scarborough for a big bbq at my brother's place with all of my cousins. Gotta love family time, I definitely expect to gain a few pounds this weekend.

1 comment:

Saads said...

Yummy! I love Kultura. It's been too long since I've been there.