


This weekend I had the great fortune of being able to get some of my closest girlfriends together for some good ol fashioned girl time. I started my Saturday morning meeting Cybele for brunch at Petit Dejeuner to catch up on all her travels. She's spent the last year in France and Singapore with pitstops in Russia, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan plus a few other countries that I've already forgotten (there were so many afterall.) After a couple of yummy omelettes, we met Sally, Saadia and Mel at Peony for pedicures. We pretty much had the entire place to ourselves.
After pedicures, we had a rooftop lunch at the new Milestones at Yonge and Dundas and then Sally, Saadia and I continued on to her place for some serious veg out time. We watched tv, went for a long walk to find Mel's favourite cupcakes and ended the night bbqing in Saad's backyard.
Sunday I headed to Scarborough to visit with my Grams and Charlotte and then came back downtown to meet Gerwyn for dinner. After the whole gourmet "halibut" experience, he thought he would try to take it up a notch and made rosemary encrusted rack of lamb with a grilled zucchini and tomato salad. It was all from the Curtis Stone cookbook and it was deeeleecious. I can honestly say it was the best lamb I've ever had.
Monday I met Huddy for dim sum at Asian Legend. I let him do all the ordering thinking that he could convert this non-dim sum fan, unfortunately I still walked out of there unsatisfied. Just something about dim sum that isn't for me. But it was still great to catch up with him.
1 comment:
I think the blogger police is coming to get you....it's been over a week...surely you have something to report.
Post a Comment