Friday, August 01, 2008

A night with the Loblaws Ladies...


My job at Loblaws was definitely one of the best jobs I've ever had. It had nothing to do with the actual work I did, but instead it was because of the people I met. I remember spending a good half hour walking around the office in the morning or sitting by my desk while everyone would walk by and say good morning or chat about their lives. There were so many nice people there. I maintained contact with many but eventually the relationships dwindled for all but these ladies. Janet, her friend Courtney and Connie and I have all managed to keep in touch since working together in 2001. These gals are always so much fun and although we only manage to get together once or twice a year, its always a great time.

Tonight, we all got caught up over drinks at Pravda, dinner at Hernando's and dessert at Solferino followed by a quick pitstop in the park to try to digest. It turns out that my friend Janet who has been with her boyfriend for 6 years now (I remember when they first met and Janet and I would spend our days at work talking about how great he was,) just got engaged. She also just turned 40 this year and always joked that she would never tie the knot but has now proved that you can always be a bride (and a gorgeous one at that,) at any age. I'm so happy for her!

No comments: