I've had a craving for fajitas for awhile now and tonight I finally got to make them! I didn't have a few ingredients so I did the best I could to substitute and turns out, they were even better.
Here's what I did:
For the chicken: marinate chicken breasts in lemon juice, lemon zest (secret ingredient), olive oil, crushed garlic, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Allow to sit while you cut up the veggies.
For the veggies: cut red and green peppers in half, remove seeds, throw in two whole jalapeno peppers (another secret ingredient, turns out roasted jalapenos are SO good!), thickly sliced zucchini and a whole onion cut in half. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
BBQ everything on the grill for about 3-4 minutes each side. Meanwhile, mash an avocado and mix with lemon juice, one crushed garlic clove, minced onion and cilantro. In a separate bowl, cut up a fresh tomato (I didn't have salsa so this was my substitution), mix with cilantro and add the roasted jalapeno (cut up).
Once the veggies and chicken are done, slice up into thin slices, heat your tortillas and throw it all together! Deeleecious!
No comments:
Post a Comment