Saturday, May 08, 2010

Rain rain go away...

The last few days have provided quite the rainstorm, both outside and IN. Thursday night I walked right into a puddle in the 2nd floor north bedroom (soon to be baby's room). I immediately looked up and didn't see any signs of leakage so assumed that I spilled a glass of water and didn't notice. (My brain has definitely been in preggo mode lately.) Yesterday, during yet another heavy rainstorm, I walked into the bedroom to see a rainstorm of water INSIDE the house. It was coming from our ceiling vent (which made it a bit hard to see it the first time).

Although we were disappointed to see our brand new house experiencing a water leak, it was nice to know that it would be covered under warranty and eventually fixed. Better that it happened now within the warranty period than years from now when baby is settled into his/her room.

So for the next few days/weeks, we wil be under-going some major room construction, first step is to cut a hole into the ceiling the length of the room and find out where the water leak is coming from. Everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer that this will be a relatively stress free, painless experience.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cya!! said...

Agreed! Good thing you caught it now! Drip drip drip! So did you find the source? Is it all fixed? Was it painless? :)