Friday, May 07, 2010

L.A vs. NY?

I've often heard about the rivalry between Los Angeles and New York. Lucky for me, I'll get to see it for myself! In June, I'll be going to the Big Apple to visit Sooky with my friend Sally and now Gerwyn and I have just booked a spontaneous trip to LA. Well, not exactly spontaneous, unfortunately one of Gerwyn's aunts suddenly passed away from a heart attack and we'll be flying down for her funeral next weekend where G will be a pall bearer. Its an unfortunate occasion but I admit I am looking forward to meeting many of his family members who were not able to make it to our wedding. Gerwyn's dad has 5 siblings similar to my dad. I get the good fortune of being around my big family all the time, but for G, he only gets to see his many aunts, uncles and cousins on major occasions like these. It will be a quick visit, just Thursday to Tuesday but we'll be sure to pack it in with as many Begonias as we can. Plus catch a little sunshine too.

1 comment:

Catherine Kim said...

My deepest sympathies to Gerwyn and his family.