Saturday, May 08, 2010
Happy Mother's Day!
Today we celebrated the first of 2 Mother's Day parties. After trying to resolve the ceiling issue with our builder, Gerwyn suprised me with my very first "mother's day card" and a gift certificate to a local maternity clothing store. We made a quick trip to the store so I could use my new gift and picked up a couple of items for our trip to LA next weekend.
After shopping, I got ready to meet my cousins Mark and Mer to head to Scarborough to celebrate with the fam. (Gerwyn had a stag to go to so unfortunately couldn't make it.) We arrived to a major power failure across the entire neighbourhood. Luckily my brother's house nearby still had power so my mom brought all the food to his house to finish cooking and then we carried everything over to my aunt's for the feast. Carol provided a deeleecious Lemon cake and my cousin Phil made peanut butter chocolate bars for dessert. There was even a special, rare appearance by my cousin John. Usually we only see him at Christmas but I guess Mother's Day is just as important an occasion (I'd have to agree with him) so I made sure to include TWO photos of him in this post.
With 3 kids to play with it was a party all around. And this Christmas, there will be two more to add to the group (my cousin Meredith also announced that she was pregnant with her 2nd due in November.) Our family is growing rapidly!
Tomorrow its off the Thornhill to celebrate with the mother in law. Happy Mother's Day to all the current and future mothers out there!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment