Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tom and Sarita's Wedding

 
Posted by Picasa
Saturday Gerwyn was a groomsman in his friend Tommy's wedding. Tommy has been his friend since grade 6 and was also a groomsman in our wedding so it meant a lot to Gerwyn to return the favour. It had been awhile since I'd been to one of these big "to do" weddings. Lots of people, decorations, and lots of FOOD! Tom is Macedonian and Sarita is from Trinidad so they had the quite the mix of food and entertainment. A big roast pig was paraded around the room and then served at midnight with buns, hot peppers and corona. On the Caribbean side, Sarita arranged for some Carnival dancers to perform a samba routine, it was very entertaining!

I had purchased a new dress from Banana Republic for the occasion however it was a regular size 6, I was hoping I could get away with it. It was fine before eating but after that huge meal, I felt like every fibre of that dress was stretched to the max! Let's just say it was pretty snug around the belly. Even when I peeled it off at the end of the night, my belly was permanently indented into the dress. So much for wearing it after baby!

1 comment:

Catherine Kim said...

Now that's a wedding! Sounds like so much fun. You look beautiful. This is where a hambok comes in handy.