Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gerwyn's apron

This is Gerwyn wearing his brand new bbq apron. This was one of my Williams-Sonoma purchases from the outlet mall. I figured he would like the red and I liked the illustration of the pig on the front.

Tonight he got to put it to good use by making bbq rosemary lamb with grilled broccoli. It was deeleecious! After dinner, I'd been bugging him to go to my favourite neighbourhood ice cream parlour, Ed's Real Scoop. They make all their ice creams and gelatos from scratch in house. You can actually taste a difference in their ingredients, the fruit is so refreshing and their coffee and chocolate flavours are so rich. They also change their flavours all the time so there's always something new to try. I could eat it every day but luckily Gerwyn only lets us have it once a week. So far I've tried their Creme Brulee, Wildberry Gelato and tonight I had Blueberry Pie. Gerwyn had Coffee Toffee. Both were so good. I also ended up meeting some new neighbours both on our way to Ed's and then in the ice cream parlour itself.

We may be living in the city, but when you can take an evening stroll to your local neighbourhood ice cream parlour and chat with some neighbours along the way, it sure makes you feel like you're in a close knit small town. Gotta love Leslieville!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Woo Wow! said...

I miss it too. You guys must have super fast metabolism though to always be eating and not show it on your waistline!! GREEN with envy;-)

Catherine Kim said...

I envy the fact that you have a grill and you have Gerwyn to work it. You should have gotten him an apron with something more complimentary on it than a pig, like World's Best Cooker of All Meats on a Grill.