Sunday, June 13, 2010

Saadia's SATC2 lunch!


Yesterday my bridemaids and our friend Caroline gathered at Saadia's for a Sex in the City 2 lunch prior to watching the movie together. Since we had all gathered for the first one, we thought we'd keep up the tradition for the sequel. (Plus, any excuse to get together is a good one!)

Saadia made a lovely Middle Eastern themed lunch with Cosmo martinis in honour of the movie and we ate and then headed out to the theatre. I have to admit, I had low expectations and for 2.5 hours, it was a bit long, but I consider the fact that I managed to stay awake for the entire thing with a full stomach a sign that the movie wasn't all that bad. I missed the smart dialogue from the original show but seeing the ladies together felt like getting together with old friends again. (And I have to emphasize "old" here, I'm not 100% what the stylists were thinking but all the makeup and over the top clothes just made them look so noticeably old! How about a hair cut Carrie?!)

Prior to the movie I met up with Susie to check out some baby strollers at Baby on the Hip on Queen. We also took the opporunity to compare pregnant bellies, but I'm not sure why because Sooz didn't even look remotely pregnant even though she's only 6 weeks behind me! Perhaps its those lack of breakfasts Sooz, you need to get on the official pregnancy meal plan... Six meals a day, stuff yourself silly, and then suffer from nasty heartburn after, FUN!

All in all a lovely afternoon with the girls, thanks for being such a lovely host Saadia!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: