Today is the last day of mine and Sally's 3 day vacation to visit my sister in CT. We started the weekend with what else but a full day of shopping at Woodbury Commons. The weather was super hot (and extremely humid) but the bargains were over flowing and we can all say, that we cleaned out that outlet mall!
Between the three of us we came back with SO many shopping bags, I was even shocked! (Photo to come). After the mall, where did we go? Another mall! We wanted to stop at Target on the way home which just so happened to be in the Pacific Palisades Mall so we ended up spending another 2 hours at Target and H&M where of course, we came out with more bags. I've never shopped so much in one day in my life. But I got plenty of great maternity and baby items and a managed to get a few gifts for my husband, niece and nephew too.
Yesterday we spent the day in Manhattan where we did our best to avoid ANY retail (for fear of doing any more credit card damage, as it was, I had NO room in my luggage and I had even brought an extra empty bag,) and instead went to Sarabeth's for lunch and then watched Mary Poppins on broadway. It wasn't as good as the movie but the sets and songs were very entertaining. We ended the day with a stop at Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes (I tried the coconut, deeleecious!) Today, Sally and I made one last trip to Target and the Stamford Mall to pick up a final item for her husband and we've just come back from a huge lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. After a repack of my bags so I could actually close the zipper, we're ready to head home.
Its been a very relaxing long weekend, I enjoyed spending time with the girls and even managed to get lots of exercise as we walked around the city. My legs were actually quite tired after both days and my sister for once, was the one always walking ahead while us slow poke pregnant ladies struggled to keep up.

1 comment:
Sounds fantastic...I could really use a dose of that now: SHOP TIL YOU DROP!
Post a Comment