Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Sorry its taken me so long to blog but the holidays are a busy time. Lots of eating, lots of celebrating and new this year, lots of "bleeeech"... barfing. There was a terrible stomach virus making its way through my family and on boxing day, it reached me. I can honestly say that I've never been so sick in my entire life. I spent the entire night expelling my insides from one end or another. Eventually I ended up passing out in my hallway and in the morning I noticed that my mom had put a pillow and blanket on me. Thank goodness I had my mommy there to take care of me. She brought my pillow everywhere and made me all kinds of home remedies. After spending the entire day Saturday on my back, I was finally able to get up and around on Sunday morning. On the plus side, I managed to lose 4 pounds! I also realized the importance of my health. There's nothing like feeling like you're on death's door to make you appreciate something simple like good health.

Unfortunately on the one day we did celebrate, I forgot to bring my camera so the only pics I have are from the day after our family party. So here is a pic of my extra cute niece Charlotte in her new Christmas dress. (This was taken before we both got sick.)

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Usually its a big party but this year I just want to keep it low key and vomit-free. I think I'll be joining Saadia and Raju at one of their friends' parties and then it'll be an early night home to rest up for family New Year's celebrations the next day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: