Just an update to my "new boots" story from a couple of posts ago. I bought those boots from the Bay because I thought they were on sale. When I found out at the cash register that they weren't, I ended up getting anyway because I already had them on and the amount of effort to take them off just wasn't worth it at the time. Anyway, I was a bit upset about paying full price as I would not have put them on to begin with had I known they weren't on sale. When I came home that night I decided to write Customer Service at the Bay a letter and this is what they just sent me in response. Sometime it pays to write a letter!
____________________________
Good Morning Diana,
Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us and provide us with your feedback. This is the only way we can improve.
I would love to make the adjustment to your bill and issue you the 30% off.
I am so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Please fax the bill to me at 416 861 4154 or if it is convenient for you, you may contact me as well and read the numbers underneath the bar code on your receipt. (416-861-6807) If possible could you let me know the credit card number and expiry date that I will be refunding the amount to?
I assure you I have forwarded your concerns to our Group Sales Manager for Footwear.
Thank you again Diana for taking the time to contact us.
I hope you are having a lovely holiday season!
Best Wishes,
Emily Delo
Executive Assistant to Richard Montgomery, Store Director The Bay, Queen Street
__________________________________
My original letter sent via their website:
Store Inquiries
From Name: Diana Lee
From Email: diana.lee@3genius.com
Subject: Store Inquiries
Inquiry Type: Store Inquiries
Order:
Language: en
Company: HBC Online
Comment:
To Whom It May Concern,
Today I purchased a pair of Timberland Winter Boots (item#883240689200 for $140.00) in the Queen St. store in downtown Toronto. I was drawn to the store due to the advertised 30% off sale on all regular priced women's winter boots. I was informed at the cash register that the boots I had chosen however were not on sale. I was disappointed by this as all the instore signage (specifically on the table where these boots were
displayed,) stated that 30% would be taken off the regular price. The brands or styles to which this discount applied were not indicated on the signage. I am not a frequent Bay customer however this experience will most likely ensure that I will not visit this store in the future.
I have a copy of the receipt which can be sent via email or fax,and am hoping that you may review the purchase, and if possible credit the 30% discount onto my credit card by which the purchase was made.
I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate any help that you are able to provide.
Thank you,
Diana Lee
2 comments:
talk about a pain in the ass! don't you know they hate customer letters like that! fax your reciept, and they will throw it in the trash, and then laugh all the way down bay street!!!
with the extra money you'll be getting back, perhaps you can hire someone to help you put those boots on!
Post a Comment