
Last night Mahi and I went to my favourite Thai restaurat Salad King and then watched "Slumdog Millionaire" which was a film festival movie that Raju recommended. I knew nothing about it so I was skeptical (especially since last time I let Mahi pick I was disappointed,) but the movie turned out to be amazing. It was an Indian movie however I thought it was very unlike the typical Bollywood films with cheesy romance and dancing (not that I don't like those movies, I love to turn the lightbulb and pet the dog right along with the dancers!) until the end. But after Mahi explained a bit of irony of it, then it made more sense to me and I liked it even more. (At first I was taken aback as I wasn't expecting any dancing for such a serious movie.) Anyway I very much recommend this movie to everyone, it was very sweet and funny and gut renching all at the same time!
Dinner was deeleecious too, we had Panang Tofu Curry and my new fav dish "Vegetarian Hot Thai Noodle". I was starving so by the time the spring roll appetizers came out I wolfed mine down and burned my entire mouth in the process. Mahi on the other hand, trying to maintain some level of class, carefully peeled his spring roll and ate it piece by piece so it could cool off. I have to say it took everything in me not to just grab it from his plate and shove it into my mouth. I was SO hungry!!
After the movie I walked home in the freezing cold and went to bed. Now I'm waiting for Saadia to come over for breakfast and then we're heading to the One of a Kind show.
No comments:
Post a Comment