Tuesday, December 09, 2008

No more WET FEET!


Tonight I decided to get going on my Christmas shopping by stopping by the Eaton Centre on my way home. Today was a pretty slushy day and my extra comfy Geox that I purchased last winter developed a rip in the seam right by the toe and now I have wet feet everywhere I go. Not a good thing when you live in a snowy and wet city like Toronto!

As I perused the aisles at the Bay, I discovered they were having a sale on practically everything. After price checking a few items, I wandered into the shoe department (dangerous, I know) and decided that 30% off all boots was a good excuse to replace my Geox. Turns out the Bay has a wide variety of winter boots. I was looking for an extra ugly heavy duty pair that were #1 WATERPROOF, #2 comfortable and #3 warm. I figured with these three priorities, fashion would most likely have to suffer. I picked out a few selections and then found a decent looking pair of Timerlands. They looked interesting with their fancy laces but most of all, they really delivered on points 1 and 3. They go right up to my knee! They were a bit of a production to put on though. So much so, that after I got them on, I was so exhausted I just decided to wear them home. A bit crazy but I was so hot with my winter coat and scarf on and I just wanted to go home by that point. So now I have new boots. And I noticed by the time I got home, my feet weren't wet. (Well, not from water getting in anyway.) Maybe just a bit sweaty. Those boots are really warm!

No comments: