With last night's snow storm I figured it was the perfect time to stay in and bake more gingerbread cookies. After my last experience I knew I had to get more molasses so I stopped by Sobey's on my way home and picked up a few ingredients and then got to work! (As a side note, I LOVED walking in the snow with my new boots. Its like being in a car with snow tires! I watch all the dainty walkers trying to step into existing footsteps and while I can just go plowing right into the snow banks beside them. Makes trekking in the snow so much easier!)
So after I got home I made dinner and then started on my cookies. Ok, I have to admit, using "fresh" molasses made A TON of difference. The cookies turned out totally different. The molasses itself was less like tar and more like syrup. Then the dough was soft and airy instead of tough. Lastly the cookies themselves really ended up spreading out and being soft and chewy instead of round little "turdy" balls. (But hey, I STILL got a lot of compliments from the folks at work about my first batch!) Turns out using "non-expired" ingredients really makes them better. Good to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment