Thursday, January 01, 2009
Happy 2009!
Happy new year everyone! Since I still wasn't feeling 100%, I decided to keep this year's celebrations quiet and spent the night in with my cousin Hanna and my sister. Hanna and I got into our pjs and rented movies and ordered in. It was the perfect way to ring in the new year. No fighting for a cab, no freezing my butt off and no spending a ton of money! My sister came home from dinner just in time for the countdown and after a little gingerale for all, we went to bed at about 12:30.
The next morning we all got up early and headed to Scarbs. As per Korean tradition, we had to get home as early as possible to wish our parents "happy new year" and wish them all the best as we bow to our elders. You're actually supposed to wear traditional Korean outfits, but since we didn't have any, we just looked "tidy". After eating traditional "duk-gook" (chicken and rice cake stew) at my mom's, we headed to my aunt's house to wish them all happy new year as well. The kids all had their Korean outfits, so they put them on and the paparazzzi session began. There were so many cameras and pictures but how could you not take pictures of those cute kids??? Everyone took turns bowing to everyone else's parents and then all the kids got their new year's "money" (the best part when I was a kid!). After that, it was pig out central. Now I'm home and struggling to digest. Gotta gear up for another family brunch this Saturday. Gotta love the holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment