
This weekend my family celebrated my niece Samara's 1st birthday. My cousin Mark and his wife Meredith decided to have the party in my condo party room. It was a day of chaos, cooking, lots of great food and many many people! My cousin Carol outdid herself on the desserts and decorations and from what I could tell, the party was a huge success. I hope Samara will remember all the trouble her parents went to to make her first birthday special.
Since my entire family came for the party, many of my aunts and uncles took the opportunity to tour my condo. They had never seen my place before and it was nice to finally show them that little Diana is a big girl now and owns her own place! My uncle also officially christened the place by taking a nap on my hard wood floor. (My uncle always falls asleep at family parties and I felt special that he felt comfortable enough to lie down on my dirty floor and take a nap.)
Unfortunately I missed my chance to scoop some of the leftover desserts: mini tiramisu, bread pudding, mini carrot cake, brownies and mini cupcakes. Luckily I have photos to look at instead. Less calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment