
Last Saturday my cousin Mad's kids (Jessica 11, Michael 8 and Stephanie 2) decided to host our entire family (well all the cousins at least) for a special brunch at their house. They were the official "wait" staff and they took our coats when we came in, gave us our play money to pay for our meals and even took our drink orders from the menus they made. It was lots of fun. Unfortunately the 20 or so "customers" were too much for 3 kids to handle and eventually they decided to make the restaurant a buffet so we could all help ourselves. Having kids at parties really makes all the difference. Our little "brunch" turned into an all day affair while everyone ate, played with the kids and made them do various entertaining performances (playing piano, Steph did yoga and tae-kwon-do and Samara and Charlotte just ate while everyone watched).
The night before was Saadia's birthday so I went over to her place where her husband had made dinner for a few of her closest friends and family. It was so nice to see Saadia relaxing and having a good time for a change while her husband did all the work. After dinner, we played Rock Band where unfortunately I only scored 34% while on lead vocals. Good thing I have another job.
Saturday night I went to Mahi's surprise birthday party. I was worried that Mahi was not a "surprise party" kind of guy but it turned out that when you have no choice, a surprise party ain't so bad. He had a good time and managed to stay in shock well into Monday.
This week its back to work and back to the daily grind. I'm dogsitting again. This time its Diego, my friend Dora's dog. Last night was a little rough while he barked at any and every sound he heard outside my door but I'm confident we'll get our act together before the week is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment