In October I am planning on going to visit my sister in Connecticut to watch the New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys football game. As a big wig at GE, she has access to their GE box so we will have great seats and I just couldn't turn down the chance to watch the Giants play again. The first time I saw them play in Buffalo was amazing and I'm sure these seats will be even better. (I'm even going to wear my Manning jersey. I'll probably be the only one there among all the suits wearing a jersey but what better opportunity to wear it right?)
In order to make the trip, I had decided to use my air miles to book my flight. Since I didn't have enough miles at the time to book, I decided to sign up for a platinum AMEX in order to get the bonus points which would get my balance high enough to get my ticket. However to my great dismay, (and after paying $60 to get the card!) I found out that it can take up to 120 days to get the bonus points!! I started to panic since I was SO looking forward to watching the game (and also doing some major shopping at the best outlet mall ever,) so I decided to contact my friend Freddie (my grade 5 boyfriend,) since he used to work at AMEX. I thought maybe he could give me some advice about calling them and seeing if I could get the points added any earlier. Anyway, after I explained my situation to him he said "I have air miles, how about I just give them to you?". Unfortunately the points are not actually transferable but instead he called air miles himself and booked me my flight using his own air miles. I was shocked but so thankful for his generosity. I am very lucky to have such great friends and I just wanted to publicly say thanks to my grade 5 boyfriend for still looking out for me! Thanks Fred!!!
1 comment:
wow! that IS very nice of him!! what a good grade 5 boyfriend!! :P
Post a Comment