Last night Saadia and I went to a workshop to learn more about our periods at The Red Tent Sisters on the Danforth. Its a store that specializes in women's "cycles" and this workshop was to introduce us to the cycles of the moon and how our own cycles can correspond. I was very skeptical going in but in the end it turned out to be a good learning experience. We learned about how we can use our cycles to our advantage.
During pre-ovulation, you're a "go-getter". Its time to start new projects and/or get your current projects done. You excel at being analytical and solving problems, tackling new obstacles. During Ovulation, you're a "nurturer". You're happy and this is the time that you enjoy taking care of others. Once you're pre-menstrual, you're a "wild woman" (to say the least!). This is when you're creative and a good time to take stock of your situation and evaluate what your issues are. Finally during menstruation, you're a "recluse". This is a time of reflection and introversion, a time to be alone and take care of yourself. The key is to be aware of what stage of your cycle you are in and then use these characteristics to your advantage.
Another great thing I got out of the workshop was discovering natural maxi pads. Now you might be thinking "ewwww" but when you really think about, just like diapers, pads cause a lot of waste and are generally not that great for the environment. Well, there is a company called "Lunapads" that has created washable pads (which are very similar to cloth diapers). They come with a base pad that you use for your entire period plus liners which you change as often as you want. I'm sure it takes some getting used to, so I've decided to start with their overnight pad and a pantyliner first. Depending on how easy this transition goes, I may move onto regular pads.
After the class, Saadia and I stopped off for a waffle (to treat our moon goddess selves,) and then hung out at her place before I headed home. It was a lovely evening with one of my favourite fellow moon goddesses! Live in light ladies, live in light...
No comments:
Post a Comment