Sunday, September 21, 2008

DIvine Design!



After almost 5 years in my condo, I've decided to give myself a new project. Time to finally decorate! I've always thought about painting and decorating but there always seemed to be something or other going on that prevented me from devoting the large amount of time necessary for such a project. Now that I find myself with lots of free time, I thought I would finally get a move on with my condo. Those old dusty paint chips that were stuck to my wall 2 years ago when I last felt inspired are finally going to see fruition.

Just this past Saturday I got up early and met Mahi for a run at Queen's Park. Then we went for breakfast and did a little furniture shopping for our respective places. The first stop was Biltmore at King and Sherbourne. We had gone the previous weekend but the items I found were a bit out of my price range so I was unable to make the commitment. This time, I found a bookcase/china cabinet that I fell in love with and although the price was still quite high, I was able to negotiate a little (where is Mae when you need her?) and am now the proud owner of a "new country" china cabinet and antique side table. It was the most money I've spent in a long time and my poor bank card got put to the test. But it will be a good start to the home reno and finally getting this place looking the way I've always wanted. Next stop, Home Depot to start picking my paint colours!

No comments: