Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labour Day!



The last long weekend of summer, how sad. We couldn't have asked for better weather though, that's for sure. Friday night Sally came over and we managed to jog all the way to harbourfront and almost back. Well, we definitely got farther than we did last time. Only four more weeks until the Run for the Cure.

Saturday was Kahlua's day. I think she got walked at least four times that day. First we did our usual 8:00 am walk around the block to empty her bladder. Then came back for breakfast and did another walk a couple of hours later to buy some local fruits and veggies from St. Lawrence Market. Then after a water break, we headed back out to visit Hanna in her condo. It was a hottt day and by the time we got there Kahlua was very thirsty. We spent a few hours eating ice cream and chips at Hanna's and then went back home for dinner. Then I went for a run and took Kahlua out for one last walk before I left her at home to meet Huddy for a movie. We watched the late show of "Traitor" at Paramount. A bit predictable but I was just happy to go out "sans dog" in the evening.

Sunday I got up early and headed to Scarbs to visit Grams and then walked home for lunch with my brother and his family. I watched Charlotte finally crawl and make her "straining face" and then watched my brother change the poopie diaper before leaving to catch the Go train home. I quickly picked up Kahlua and we met Sarah to go to a bbq at her friend Rahima's house in Kitchener. It was a long trip but we all had a good time at Rahima's mansion of a house. I finally got to meet her two kids and Kahlua had a great time licking everyone's faces. After we got home, we were exhausted. Just enough time to give Kahlua a bath and then go to sleep. She didn't even make one peep all night, must have been soooo tired.

Today we've already gone for our 8:00 am walk and are now having a little rest. Its the last day of the long weekend and the weather is so nice, we'll have to head out again a little later.

No comments: