

Well after two weekends of painting and reorganizing, I have finished my foyer. I bought the paint from my local Pro Hardware (which I didn't know existed beside St. Lawrence Market,) taped the walls and went to it. For my first project, I thought I did an ok job. At first I thought it was far too messy (my stucco ceiling caused a bit of a problem when it came to painting,) but now that I've had a few days to look at it, it doesn't seem so bad. Sally helped me do the trim and finishing touches.
I also finally got my new cabinet delivered and set up. I wasn't sure about the size at first (it was bigger than I thought,) but now that I've got all of my things in it (and a lot more storage room!) I think I'm happy with it. The great thing about it is that I can also use it as two separate pieces by flipping top half over.
It was a bit harder than I thought and I'll have to really think about whether or not I want to tackle painting the rest of the place. Especially with a dark colour, its hard to get the right coverage. I think I will now turn my attention to getting my chandelier hung and possibly adding the mosaic tile to my kitchen backsplash.
2 comments:
Great job Di! I like the foyer and I LOVE the cabinet.
It looks fantastic. When are you painting my place?
Post a Comment