Yesterday Gerwyn fulfilled this requirement by falling down the stairs and cutting his head open. I had just left for work and arrived when I received a call from a very groggy Gerwyn saying he had fallen down (tripped over Kahlua,) and hit his head on the ceiling of our staircase. He was bleeding and he couldn't move. He had called his co-worker to drive him to the Emergency room and told me to meet him there.
I arrived at St. Mike's expecting to see him sitting in the waiting room with his friend but was shocked to see my poor husband strapped to a stretcher with a neck brace and blood dripping down his skull. Just as I was about to start the waterworks, the paramedic quickly reassured me "its looks worse than it is!". We were registered and admitted quickly and Gerwyn went for catscans and xrays to confirm nothing was broken. Luckily it was just mild concussion, they gave him a prescription and sent us home 5 hours later. The hospital staff were quite friendly and good natured and I have to admit, it helped to make the experience less stressful.
Today, the patient is resting on our air mattress in the basement, still hopped up on Tylenol 3's and tons of chocolate. Looks like our first new year's will be a quiet night in for 2. Pan pizza on the way, plenty of sweets and plenty of cozy blankets. Just what the doctor ordered!
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to 2010! (Let's hope its a little calmer than 2009...)
4 comments:
Oh, dear. Poor poor Gerwyn. Talk about breaking in the house! Lot's of get well wishes from Maryland. Happy New Year!
OMG! Give G lots of hugs. We'll be home soon...
Hope he is recovering well! Happy New Year!
That's quite the gash...he wears it with pride though! Hope Gerwyn is healing well! Pizza....yummy!
Post a Comment