Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thanks melandnorm!


Yet another reminder of how lucky I am to have such great friends.

G and I have been experiencing some issues with our house including some major conflict with our builder. Its been a stressful situation to say the least and one which has managed to consume much of my life and mind. Its been awhile since I've been in a negative situation like this and its definitely taking its toll. At a time when I'm supposed to be happy and not only celebrating the holidays but the beginning of our new life together, I find that I am slowly getting more and more gloomy.

Tonight I received an email from my friend Mel letting me know that she had baked some Christmas cookies for me and wanting to co-ordinate a time to drop them off. I suggested I stop by and pick them up on my way home but declined her offer to stay for dinner as I had Kahlua waiting for me at home and was generally not feeling in the best of spirits anyway. I arrive at Mel's and I can't help but start venting about our current situation and next thing you know, I'm sitting at their table with dinner and a glass of wine in front of me. Although I had told her I wouldn't stay for dinner (and they had ordered in,) Norm had gone to pick up the food and added some extra while he was there and then insisted that I stay. Just being able to tell Mel and Norm about what's been going on helped to relieve some of the stress and it didn't hurt that Mel's deeleecious cookies were sitting right in front of me ready to be devoured. Its amazing how much just a casual dinner with friends can be so enjoyable. I had forgotten momentarily what it was like to have fun and tonight, they reminded me.

So thanks Mel and Norm, for being such good friends and always being a positive influence in my life!

2 comments:

sally said...

Is it still that bad with your builder? Yikes!! Let me know if you need Scarboro Sal to get involved!! ;)

And BTW - Mel told me she gave you my cookies... don't eat them all!! :P

melandnorm said...

Aw, anytime Deeleecious! Just give me the nod and I will go and give Frank the melbow...He's in trouble now.