Happy holidays everyone! This was my first Christmas being married and away from my family. At first I thought I would be sad not waking up with my family to open our Christmas stockings but being with my husband for Christmas turned out pretty good actually. Yesterday we went to my mom's for a family dinner. Kahlua and Charlotte got aquainted (by the end of the night they were both able to be on the floor at the same time) and we enjoyed a deleecious roast chicken dinner made by my sister before opening our presents together.After getting home, Gerwyn and I added the final decorations to our tree (we were missing lights so I needed to borrow some from mom,) and then enjoyed hot chocolate and one gift each before going to bed. It was a nice way to spend Christmas Eve. This morning we slept in, I made pancakes for breakfast and we've spent the day being pretty leisurely. We're slowly getting prepared (aka cleaning) for our big family party tomorrow. Now, Gerwyn is making me one of my favourite meals, rosemary crusted rack of lamb. While he's slaving over the hot stove, I thought I'd take a minute to wish my fellow bloggers a very Merry Christmas, I hope Santa was good to you!


2 comments:
Please post pictures of the family gathering at your place on the 26th!
I like how Charlotte now has the head tilt plus the "cheese" grin for all her photo ops.
Post a Comment