Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cookie party!


Last night Susie and Sally came over for my first annual cookie party! We made ginger snaps which turned into Ginger pancakes (due to what I think was old baking soda), Toblerone Shortbread and Cinnamon buns. It was my first time trying the buns and I was very excited to make them from scratch. They turned out pretty good, not as gooey as I had hoped but when you know how much butter you've already put into it (an exorbetant amount!) its hard to add even more.

Besides the freshly baked goods, it was so great to have the girls over for a bake day. When Gerwyn and I were house shopping, I always judged a house by whether or not I could see myself having a cookie party in the kitchen. I'm very happy to say that this house passed with flying colours!

3 comments:

Catherine Kim said...

Sounds heavenly! We are having our cookie party today with Grace's friend Megan and her family. Ginger snowflakes and almond cookies with crystallized ginger. I'll post it on the blog.

Saads said...

I'm so sad I missed it. Next time though.

Woo Wow! said...

I think it's time for you to go out and get a new camera...I am a visual person - I NEED PICTURES!!