Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Christmas...

I'm happy to report that our family party was a great success! My mom arrived at 2pm in the afternoon (to find us still in our pjs - tsk tsk,) to start preparing and I just followed her orders. Thankfully, I have a mom who makes the best Korean food and is willing to transport all her tasty delicacies to my house!

We had kalbi (korean ribs), ginger chicken wings, sesame noodles (chap-jae), and of course, homemade kimchi courtest of Mad's mom. Gerwyn's mom also brought her homemade spring rolls which were a huge hit and also made cheesecakes. There was so much food left over that we had to have another get together with some of Gerwyn's friends the next day to finish everything! Its been nice to enjoy some really good Korean food these past few days. Unfortunately I have no pics to post as I am still without a camera. I think my sister took some photos though so I'll have to get them from her to post.

Today we headed to the mall to do some boxing day shopping and then went to a get together at our neighbour's house. Turns out the husband went to the same highschool as me (but was in the year below me,) so I sort of recognized many of his friends. It was nice to meet new people and we look forward to having many more get togethers with them in the future. I have to say, having great neighbours makes our house that much more special. I know that I can go over there whenever I need to borrow a cup of sugar.

Unfortunately tomorrow its back to work. But luckily its only for a few days and then its New Year's celebration time. We're still trying to figure out what we'll do this year but now that we're married, the one thing I know we will be doing, is the "official" New Year's bow to my family. Before I was married, I just did this with my siblings, now that Gerwyn and I have made it official, we'll be bowing together this year. Better start getting G to practise!!

1 comment:

Catherine Kim said...

Sounds like a big hit! Your mom's cooking is always so delicious. Can't wait to taste your MIL's spring rolls at one of these family gatherings. Bowing together on New Years day is over rated. The only thing good about it is that you'll probably look better next to Gerwyn bowing. Miss your pictures.