Monday, October 05, 2009

Surprise Engagement Party!


This weekend Gerwyn and I thought we were going home to celebrate Korean Thanksgiving (Chu-seok) but instead we were surprised with a family engagement party! We were totally surprised as it really was the last thing that I would have expected at that time but that made the surprise all the better. Carol had brought balloons, made all kinds of deeleecious desserts and even made lovely party favours for everyone to take home in a personalized bag with our engagement photo. All of her special touches didn't go unnoticed.

Meredith arranged for us to play "toilet paper bride" but since it was co-ed, the girls decided to make G a bride too. We paraded our disposable outfits for all of my aunts and uncles and then the winner was determined by their applause (even of course!) We ended the evening by opening our extravagant gift, the new Kitchen Aid anniversary edition stand mixer. Gerwyn had been eyeing this appliance as soon as Carol introduced it us to weeks ago so we were both so thrilled to receive it.

We were both so touched and felt so special to have such a great family. I know I'm guilty of taking them for granted, its times like these when I realize how lucky I am to have a family who goes to such efforts to celebrate this big milestone in my life and welcome Gerwyn into the family. Special thanks to Carol for all of her hard work and to family who couldn't be there but still managed to contribute to the evening in spirit, Mad, Cat and Sooky.

1 comment:

Woo Wow! said...

So sorry to have missed it. Looks like a lot of fun, and that mixer is gorgeous. Looking forward to lots of treats the next time we visit!