Tonight it feels like fall. There's a definite chill in the air (high of 12 degrees!) and you can just smell winter coming. I have to admit this is one of my favourite times of year. Soon you'll smell the leaves burning and then you'll know Fall has arrived. My life has been so hectic lately that my kitchen has been very empty. I've been buying groceries "on demand" (meaning I only get what I need to tide me over for that day,) and eating out most of the time. Tonight, with the smell of Fall in the air, I decided to get back into that kitchen and finally make dinner from scratch.
I made thyme and sage meatballs, navy beans stewed in onions and garlic and mashed butternut squash with green beans. The smell of the meatballs filled my condo and I experienced a feeling I thought I had forgotten. A chilly night, a warm oven and the smell of good food cooking. It reminded me of all the yummy meals I've made here, whether it be for Wednesday Night Dinner or just for myself. Memories I will cherish and hopefully create in my new home for my new family.

1 comment:
You couldn't pick up the phone to call me to join you for dinner?
Don't worry Di - you will have many more memories in your HUGE kitchen on Eastern!
Post a Comment